Saturday, August 28, 2010

I can feel my heart slowly coming back to me. :-)

It was a weird mixture of hard and easy to pursue God when depressed.

On one hand, it's hard because there is a lack of energy and passion in my life.

It is easy however, to fall on Him because there is nothing else. I don't want to lose that. There was something holy about the moments when I would lift my hands and praise God for His goodness when there was such deadness in my soul. It was so raw and real.

I am grateful for that time, even though I longed for and prayed for it to be over.

In every season,
God gives us what we need for us to glorify Him
in the way He wants us to at that time.

So what do I have now?
The ability to be passionate.
More energy to reach out to others and serve and love them.

What are my weaknesses now?
To forget my need.
To forget what is of ultimate importance.
To neglect the word and put my trust back in myself.

How can I keep from falling to those things?
Only by God's grace.
By admitting that I will tend, and will fall at times to those ways.
By daily remembering the gospel, my sin, my savior, my calling.
By filling my surroundings with reminders -
gospel centered music, flash cards, friends who remind me, etc.

Devotional plan for this Fall:
Continue working on the Bible in a Year Plan.
Work on my memory verses. 2 verses per week at a minimum.
(I should work on the books of the Bible I plan to memorize for my "18 Things" list)

No comments: