Saturday, July 17, 2010

lyme / fall semester

Yesterday, Joanna and I went to a friend's flower shop here in New Jersey. We selected plants to put in our house at school when we move back in this Fall. And I thought about having the plants there with us, and for the first time I was happy about the idea of going back there.

It is lame that plants are my source of happiness, plants and the idea of cooking with the basil plant we bought, but it worked. In this season, it is really easy try to keep myself afloat by little things that will make me happy: buying stuff, plants, cooking, pretty colors. I need to find the balance between not having these things shroud my love for my Creator, but at the same time, taking advantage of the God given reality that His wonderful creations bring joy.

No comments: