Friday, September 24, 2010

Do not eat fake cheese.

With this whole gluten free, dairy free thing, I'm learning not to force things. Most of the time, when I try to find a good substitute, it ends up as a depressing failure. That's what I found with the fake cheese pasta I had the other day. I couldn't even eat it.

Before I couldn't have gluten and dairy, there were plenty of other things I ate. It's just easy now to always be aware of what I can't have. There is, however, a wealth of wonderful food combos I can explore and experiment with. Instead of freaking out of not having cheese pasta, I can try different olive oil & spice combos. I can milk my basil plant for all it's worth. I can have pesto.

This week I spazzed over not being able to put cheese in my morning (or midnight) egg and english muffin combo. The first time, I bitterly ate it bland. The next day I calmed down enough to try other options. I put some honey dijon mustard on, and then added some raw honey - delicious.

From now on, I'm going to stop freaking out.
I don't want dairy, I don't want gluten - they make me feel bad.
I LOVE nuts, and soy milk, and rice flour crackers. I really do.
And I love my new way of making egg sandwiches.
And I can eat bacon and sushi - what more can I ask for? :-)

No comments: