Sunday, October 3, 2010

Eighteen things. [updated]

I turned 18 a couple of weeks ago and one of the things I decided to do was create a list of eighteen things I want to do before I turn 19 (and then I'll do nineteen things, etc. etc.)

Here's what I have so far (not quite finished yet).

18 THINGS AT 18
1. Grow potted flowers and/or herbs. (CHECK AND CHECK!)
2. Join the fire dept.
3. Read 10 non-school books. (See progress here.)
4. Re-learn to knit.
5. Mail someone a care package.
6. Send 5 people cards/postcards.
- erin
7. Recover my journal. (CHECK!)
8. Try 5 new places to eat.
- Yogiberry
- Yoyogi Sushi
- Chloe's Coffee
- that burger place in vt (photos on phone)
-
9. Memorize 3 chapters of the Bible.
10. Buy a casual dress.
11. Go to the beach. (CHECK!)
12. Try 10 new recipes.
- gf df pumpkin bread
- gf df walnut bread
- wild rice / yogurt spinach salad
- homemade (and thus dairy free) nutella
13. Buy a poster or painting. (CHECK! - Robb Painting, Elise Blaha poster)
14. Re-design my new bedroom.
15. 30 push-ups.
16. Buy curtains for Stanford house. (CHECK!)
17. Learn to write and run apple scripts.

.: oct third twenty-ten
Reviewed this list. Excited about seeing actual progress. Was feeling bogged down with everything..this is good and uplifting. Need to keep working on photos and tracking it all in a format for my "18 things booklet." Worst case scenario, I don't document 18 in a book and use the book for 19. But I'd like to do it. I can worry about that next semester. Right now, just happy that I'm making good progress.

.: jan fifteenth
When I made my 18th-Year-Goals, I had no idea what was in store. The goals contain remnants from my pre-lyme-self (push ups, fire dept), but also give room for things I didn't realize would be a huge deal (trying new recipes with my new gluten and dairy free diet). This list represents a year of much change and includes things that I had to give up, and things I had to grow into.

No comments: